Saturday, September 20, 2008

Application of what I got a degree in...

After getting a degree in Health Science and learning for four years what I am supposed to do to be healthy, I am finally doing it.  I don't know how many times I learned the basics and the research behind those basics.  Eating right, exercising, and getting enough sleep.  
Since we have moved here, Denise and I are eating better food and less of it.  We can make a dinner go for lunch the following day.  We used to eat all that in one sitting. I'm also taking a water bottle to work so I drink enough. I am running too.  I used to run track in High School and I was actually quite good!  Then I got a plantar's wart my sophomore year and I couldn't run, and I ate a lot, and I put on nearly 50 pounds.  I needed to gain some weight, but that was a lot of extra weight to be carrying around the track with me.  So, I stopped running because I didn't enjoy running with all that extra weight.  
For the last month or so I have been running three times a week and I am finally at the point where I enjoy it.  When I first started running again the whole time I was just trying to tell myself to "keep going,"  "you can do it" and other internal motivational speeches.  Now, I can go out and relax and enjoy it!

1 comment:

Missy said...

That's great Steven! Ben and I have both lost weight since we moved to Finland. Not having a car has forced us to walk or bike everywhere we go. It's been great! It feels good to be moving in that direction (instead of the other)