Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Shannon Aoife LeMon born 01-11-10
Shannon meaning "Having Ancient Wisdom" and it is also a river in Ireland.
Aoife (Ee-fa) meaning "A beautiful woman and in mythology it means warrior princess"
LeMon a variation on lemon that gets mispronounced daily, also it means nothing when translated from French.
Mom and baby are rcovering from their big day and doing great. Denise made the delivery look like a breeze. She was given Pitocin at about 7:30 yesterday morning and had some incredibly strong and frequent contractions which helped make up her mind as to whether she wanted an epidural or not. She got an epidural around 9:00 which made her contractions more bearable and better spacing between the contractions. When it came time to push just after noon, Denise pushed for about 45 minutes and Shannon was born at 1:17 weighing 8lbs 1 oz and 20.5 inches in length.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Since moving to Kansas City a lot has happened! The following list is not all inclusive.
- We are expecting a baby girl in January
- We bought a house
- We are both have good jobs
- We have a made a trip to Ireland with my parents
- We had have had 5 visitors from Ireland stay with us
- We have been able to celebrate two birthdays with Jeff
- We had our 4th wedding anniversary
- We bought another car
- We have learned to make bread
- We started a food storage
- We went to see the Killers and Beck
- We went to a family reunion
- We have helped others
- Others have help us
- We made all new friends
- We have gone to the Winter Quarters temple and the Saint Louis temple
- We were here when it was announced that there would be a temple in Kansas City
- We are learning new grilling/smoking techniques
- We are familiar faces at the hardware stores
- We made our house a home
- We are having fun!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
We are going to a family reunion in Utah on Wed the 29th. It's been a long time since the whole family got together. Everyone but Jeff. Looking forward to time with the family and some relaxation, hopefully. I'll try to post some pictures when I get back.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
We are not the best bloggers... as you can see. I think we do things that would be worth reporting but I don't really think when I get home from something fun or interesting to put it on my blog. We'll see if we can update it more than a few times per year...
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
I feel young again! What a performance by Beck, great seats, good company and the music was exceptional. MGMT , I like most of their stuff but they were way to loud last night or maybe I'm just showing my age! I saw Steve let loose for the first time!!! He really can dance. Great night had by all.